In the village of Campli are medieval buildings and renaissance of great beauty, such as the one attached to the convent of San Francisco and now home to the Archaeological Museum , Parliament building , dating from the fourteenth century, also known as Palazzo Farnese and now the Town Hall, the brings Angevin , Castelnuovo and the tower of Melatino, in Nocella.
In the centuries of splendor here were all & rsquo; teachers work painters like Giacomo da Campli, Cola d & rsquo; amateur, Giovanbattista Boncori, Donato Teodoro and Vincenzo Baldati, as well as & eacute; artists of the school of Giotto, Raphael, of Blasuccio, of Gagliardelli, of boys. Their masterpieces can be admired in the church of the Our Lady of Mercy , which was located one of the first hospitals d & rsquo; Abruzzo, in the Cathedral of Santa Maria in Platea and c onvento of San Francesco, of the fourteenth century, in the church of San Paolo and neighboring Scala Santa , in the convent of Sant & rsquo; Onofrio , future home of the d & rsquo; Sacred Art Museum.
Then again, visiting the surroundings of Campli, in the convent of San Bernardino , founded in 1449 by St. John Capistran, in the fourteenth century church of San Giovanni Battista, in Castelnuovo, or in the church St. Peter Campovalano.
Distance from Roseto degli Abruzzi about an hour's drive.
The Gran Sasso which, with its resort ski in the winter becomes the ideal place for wonderful winter holidays.
Among the pi famous and in Roseto we mention nearby Prati di Tivo and Isola del Gran Sasso, Prato Selva and Camela Stone.
While the summer between trails and forests offers wonderful places for fresh walks.
From Roseto degli Abruzzi it is about an hour's drive.
Of ancient origins, Teramo city certainly pre-Roman times, as evidenced by the discovery inside and outside the walls of funerary furnishings similar to those of the proto-historic tombs of Piceno.
To visit the Cathedral of San Berardo 's Roman Amphitheatre which dates back to the first century AD, the Cloister of St. John , the church of the Our Lady of Grace dating back to 1153, the small church of San Luca , restored and reopened today, gi remembered in 1372 as the home of Robert of Melatino. L ' Observatory Collurania that conducts studies on stellar dynamics also offers the possibility an original visit.
From Roseto easily accessible by dir. north on S.S. Giulianova and is located about half an hour. p>
Just reach Cathedral Square to see a real compendium of the history of the city Atri , whose testimonies are aligned more precisely in this square.
Also in Piazza Duomo, in the north, extends to the porch round arches of Palace Mambelli and, to the south, the Bishop's Palace and the Seminary belonging to the late sixteenth century.
Woman In this open space is also the nineteenth century Municipal Theatre, still perfectly preserved and used for theatrical and musical seasons.
Portrait Of particular interest then the geological phenomenon of Badlands that around Atri is of particular relevance, offering visitors spectacular examples of the erosive action of atmospheric agents; also possible, within the nature reserve of the Badlands of Atri on guided excursions, including Dante and sudden glimpses of landscapes of wild nature, allow you to make contact with the very interesting floral and fauna world in these territories is her natural habitat .
Roseto is about a half-hour drive south on S.S.16 for Pineto .
Located at the foot of Mount shirt , in Gran Sasso-Laga Park , the country of Castle a village surrounded by an agricultural landscape and clay gullies.
It & rsquo; precisely the presence of clay, along with that of & rsquo; water (for the & rsquo; dough) and wood (for furnaces), which port memorize options; a community Benedictine monks, maybe nine or ten centuries ago, to start the production of ceramic . These monks then taught the villagers to use the & rsquo; clay, a resource of this land, to make ceramic objects.
At the school of the families of Grue, of Gentile and Cappelletti should be objects of particular beauty, some of which are now stored in the Ceramics Museum , which is located just above the village in the convent Observant Minor.
At home can visit church of San Giovanni Battista that has an altarpiece d & rsquo; ceramic altar made in 1647 by Frederick Grue. Around the district there are numerous shops where you can still produce and sell many items of this valuable material.
Distance to Roseto about an hour's drive.
Request a book, it's simply and fastContact Us